Low Fire Glazes
Low Fire glazes offer a wide range of colors and effects with a lower firing temperature. Suitable for brightly colored pottery, earthenware sculpture, and school projects. Choose from our five glaze series with firing temperatures between Cone 04 and 06. 1828 - 1945F (998-1063C.)
– + Categories
- (LG) Low Fire Gloss AMACO® Gloss Glazes fire to a smooth, glossy finish at a witness Cone 05. Always slow fire lead free glazes for best results. AMACO® Gloss Glazes flow slightly during firing to a high gloss finish, while correcting most application imperfections.
- (LM) Low Fire Matt The AMACO Low Fire Matt glaze series is a group of satin-matt glazes that boast a bright, lively color palette and a buttery soft surface after firing. Unlike more fluid glazes, these glazes are stiff and will not flow in the kiln, making them perfect for certain types of decorative techniques and surface treatment for both pottery and sculptural ware. (The LM cups were created by artist Justin Rothshank.)
- (O) Opalescent Although AMACO® Opalescent Glazes may be used on any AMACO® clay, they develop their greatest opalescence and most interesting textures when applied over red burning AMACO® Sedona Red Clay No. 67. The AMACO® Opalescent Glazes have a high gloss finish when fired. Best results are achieved with three or four applications of glaze. On textured ware, the glaze flows thin on relief and thick in incised areas, giving an added dimension on the surface.
- (TP) Teacher's Palette AMACO® Teacher's Palette® (TP) And Teacher's Choice® liquid gloss glazes are completely intermixable so they can be blended with each other or with any of the AMACO® Teacher's Choice® (TC) glazes to create an infinite color palette. The 24 glazes are AP certified, LEAD FREE, dinnerware safe, offer brilliant color, and are safe for use by artists of any age. Try layering patterns and designs with these glazes for a brilliant majolica-style decorative surface.
- (TPL) Teacher's Palette Light AMACO® Teacher's Palette Light® (TPL) liquid gloss glazes are bright, translucent glazes that are the newest addition to the Teacher's Palette® family. The TPL’s are completely intermixable so they can be blended with each other to create an infinite color palette. All 12 glazes are AP certified, LEAD FREE, dinnerware safe, offer brilliant color, and are safe for use by artists of any age. These playful glazes look great over Velvet Underglazes and textured surfaces!
- Dipping Glazes Formulated for dipping. Dip the Cone 04 ( 1971F /1044 C ) bisque fired piece into the glaze, lift it out and turn it over, allowing excess glaze to pour out. Fire to mature Cone 05 (1911F /1031C)