8 mixable colors in gallons
16 mixable colors in pints and half-pints
Introducing New Glaze Series for Limitless Color on Limited Budgets
|These new Cone 05 gloss glaze series were made with Teachers in mind. They are fully intermixable, and fire true to the color in the jar or what you mix. Being able to mix your own colors means less colors you need to buy. We already have a lesson plan available to help you get started with these glazes!
Teacher’s Choice and Teacher’s Palette glazes are available through all AMACO/brent school catalog companies and retail distributors. You may also buy them online by clicking on the logos above. If you would like to read more about these new glazes, please click here!
Children Deserve Safe Classrooms & Successful Art Projects Regardless of School Budget
Partnering with AMACO for art class is a safe bet for teachers. Our products and equipment give reliable results, are engineered with safety first, and are backed by Teacher Support Monday-Friday. You will maximize classroom time, avoid frustration, and increase student success when you buy our products! As a founding member of the Art & Creative Materials Institute, you can rest assured that our products are formulated for safety as much as for quality.
We have ceramic products and equipment, including brent potter’s wheels, for full firing classrooms. But if you do not yet have a full ceramic firing program, we offer our own recommended start up programs for different budgets. And to help jump start a wheel throwing program, we offer the new QuickCenter, a centering device, which automatically centers clay as ‘training wheels’ for beginners. Check out our Ceramic Installation pages and think about how a ceramic installation at your school can add history, pride and inspiration to your community. See Lesson Plan #1 to learn more.
We also offer classrooms with smaller budgets a large selection of non-firing clays, sculpting and modeling compounds such as our classics, Sculptamold and Claycrete, often used for masks, puppets, and armatured sculptures. Crea-Stone is a casting/scupting compound which is easily carved or chiseled. See our Lesson Plans 26-28 to learn more. Please try our Balsa-Foam—it carves like butter, and paints like wood! Three Lesson Plans utilizing Balsa-Foam are available!
Recommended AMACO/brent Products for the Classroom:
- 503 AP Non-Toxic Lead Free Glazes & Underglazes with quality formulation for reliable results. Try our Potter’s Choice colors which mimic the effects of firing in a gas reduction kiln but features the safety of actually being fired in an electric kiln. To learn more about them click here.
- See what people are saying about our Velvet Underglazes!
- 8 brent Wheel Models (including the No. 16 Adaptive Wheel)
- 8 Long Life AMACO Square Kiln Models
- 11 Affordable EXCEL Round Kiln Models
- 5 Slab Roller Models which a make a perfect clay slab every time
- 12 AP Non Toxic Talc Free Ceramic High Fire and Low Fire Clays
- 3 AP Non Toxic Talc Free Self Hardening Clays
- 3 Colors of AP Non Toxic Talc Free Air Dry Clay
- Magic Mud Multi-Project Pack with Parent/Teacher Guidebook
- Warm Glass Supplies for Ceramic Programs with Glass Firings
Not sure which kiln you need for your ceramic program? Click here for our “How to Buy a Kiln” guide. This is a PDF document and you will need Adobe Reader to view.
To check out AMACO’s Recommended Books & DVD’s Click here!
Learn more about our AMACO glazes
- Velvet Underglazes
- Teacher’s Choice & Teacher’s Palette glazes
- Arroya Specialty Glazes
- Pompeian Ash glazes
- Celebration glazes
- Potter’s Choice glazes
- Opalescent over Velvet glazes
- Sahara glazes
- AMACO Glazes that Mix
Youth Art Month Celebrates 50 Years!
See how the QuickCenter can be used as ‘training wheels’ for centering on the potter’s wheel.