Low Fire (Cone 05) Ceramic Clays > Sedona Red Clay No. 67 -- Low Fire (Cone 05) -- Talc-Free|
WARNING: No. 67 DRY (45125T): This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer.
Sedona Red Clay is AP Non-Toxic in Moist Form.
Dry clays with CL seal are restricted
from use K-6 (ASTM D-4236/LHAMA)
Lesson plans #9, #21, and #29 are some great projects utilizing this clay.
Click here to get an overview of our low fire ceramic clays with this comparison chart (PDF download).
- Rich red color before and after firing
- AP Non-Toxic in moist form
- CL labeled for safety in dry form
- Superb plasticity - ideal clay for all hand methods of modeling: slab, push and pull, coil, sculpture, and wheel throwing
- 67-M will not slump and warp at low temperatures like other red clays
- Firing range of Cone 05-02 with best results at Cone 05
- Bisque is red at Cone 06 and a rich red brown at Cone 02
- AMACO® glazes maturing at Cone 05 can be used with this clay. Colored transparent AMACO® LG, LT, O and A series glazes create unique affects on 67-M
Shrinkage: Cone 06, 11.7%; Cone 02, 13%
Absorption: Cone 06, 7%; Cone 02, 9.2%
Clay in moist form presents no hazard.
Preparing Dry Clays
Always mix dry clay in a closed polyethylene bag. Combine one pound of dry clay with four to five ounces of water or 28% water by weight. Expel air in the bag and tie opening securely with string. Knead until clay and water are mixed thoroughly. Aging 24 hours or longer improves plasticity.
50 lb. - two 25 lb. blocks of clay in polyethelene bags are packed in a 50 lb. carton.
25 lb. - one 25 lb. block of clay in polyethelene bag packed in a carton.
50 lb. dry clay is supplied in multi-wall kraft bag.
To download a copy of the MOIST CLAY AP (Non-Toxic) MSDS sheet in PDF format, please click here.
To download a copy of the DRY CLAY CL (Cautions Required) MSDS sheet in PDF format, please click here.