Low Fire (Cone 05) Ceramic Clays > White Art Clay No. 25 -- Low Fire (Cone 05) |
|The Art & Creative Materials Institute AP (Approved Product) seal certifies this product to be safe for use by all ages.|
|The Art & Creative Materials Institute CL (Caution Label) seal restricts this product from children under the age of 13. Older users must follow all cautionary labeling.|
WARNING: No. 25 DRY (45009S): This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer.
White Art Clay carries the AP (Approved Product) seal in Moist Form.
Lesson Plan #4--Portraits in Clay is a great project for elementary students.
Click here to get an overview of our low fire ceramic clays with this comparison chart (PDF download).
- AP (Approved Product) seal in moist form
- CL (Caution Label) seal for safety in dry form
- Excellent plasticity so large pieces are easy to throw
- Fires white - opaque and transparent glazes and underglazes retain their true color and brilliance
- Wider firing range - up to Cone 3
- Resists crazing - low moisture expansion
- Suitable for wheel throwing, hand building and modeling
- Extreme versatility makes it ideal for classroom use and all areas of ceramics
- AMACO® glazes maturing at Cone 05 and decorating colors are recommended for decoration
Shrinkage: Cone 04, 6.3%
Absorption: Cone 04, 13.7%
Clay in moist form presents no hazard.
Preparing Dry Clays
Always mix dry clay in a closed polyethylene bag. Combine one pound of dry clay with four to five ounces of water or 28% water by weight. Expel air in the bag and tie opening securely with string. Knead until clay and water are mixed thoroughly. Aging 24 hours or longer improves plasticity.
50 lb. - two 25 lb. blocks of clay in polyethelene bags are packed in a 50 lb. carton.
25 lb. - one 25 lb. block of clay in polyethelene bag packed in a carton.
50 lb. dry clay is supplied in multi-wall kraft bag.
To download a copy of the MOIST CLAY AP (Approved Product seal) MSDS sheet in PDF format, please click here.
To download a copy of the DRY CLAY CL (Caution Label seal) MSDS sheet in PDF format, please click here.