Kilns > EXCEL Kilns|
Up to a $140 gift of LEAD FREE AMACO® glazes with purchase ($110 with purchase of Basic Ceramic Program with EX-365SF kiln)! Click here for more information.
EXCEL® Kilns have a 2-year warranty, click here for more information!
Click here to see our many lesson plans which use our electric kilns.
Elements are always available for our kilns and can be ordered by phone only. Download our Element Chart (PDF), find your kiln, then have the following information with you when you call: Kiln Model Number, Serial Number, Voltage and Phase.
Get a quick overview of all our EXCEL® Kilns with this EXCEL® Kiln Comparison Chart (PDF download).
EXCEL® kilns are precision manufactured with only top quality components to assure years of service. And they include many standard features that are extra on other round kilns.
EZ-Lift spring-assisted hinge for EXCEL® 10 and 12-sided kilns makes the lid lighter for easier opening and closing while making your EXCEL® kiln safer by reducing the risk of sudden lid drops. An EZ-Lift Upgrade Kit is also available as an add-on to existing 10 and 12-sided EXCEL® kilns.
The general features of EXCEL® kilns include:
- Modular design - independent sections allow for one-person moving and easy brick and element replacement
- Premium refractory firebrick - made from the highest quality materials, carefully cut and grooved for precise fit.
- Sealed, dust-free lids with full floating hinges to allow for proper expansion and contraction during firing
- Two-position, reinforced steel bar -- Standard on all EXCEL® kilns including models with EZ-Lift -- secures lid while loading and unloading
- Reversible slabs - extend the life of the kiln
- High quality Kanthal A-1 elements
- Stainless steel jackets of superior strength allow for further kiln expansion during firing
- Choice of infinite control switches or Select Fire™ computer control (Models EX-1099SF. 1266SF, and 1850SF available with Select Fire™ only)
- Corrosion resistant lug connectors that require only a screwdriver to replace elements
- Steel stand with no-mar rubber feet
- 7-foot power cord with NEMA plug (except EX-1099SF and 1850SF which are direct wire)
- Two-year warranty
See the "PDF file downloads" box above to access two PDF's -- How to Buy a Kiln and the EXCEL® Kilns Operating Manual.