Glazes & Underglazes
Finish your work with ceramic glazes or underglazes: gloss or matte, detailed draftsmanship, fluid and easy, high or low fire. AMACO has the right glaze for your project.
- Underglazes From our enormously popular Velvet Series to Semi-Moist Underglaze Watercolors, Amaco underglazes create possibilities with a wide variety of decorating and drawing techniques.
- Low Fire Glazes Low Fire glazes offer a wide range of colors and effects with a lower firing temperature. Suitable for brightly colored pottery, earthenware sculpture, and school projects. Choose from our ten glaze series with firing temperatures between Cone 04 and 06. 1828 - 1945F (998-1063C.)
- High Fire Glazes AMACO has a variety of Cone 5/6 (2160F - 2230F. / 1186 - 1222C.) glazes that showcase a range of ceramic surfaces.
- Specialty Glazes Glazes for special effects and firing techniques. Try a Raku firing or add surface depth to another AMACO glaze.
- Class Packs and Sets Multiple glazes or underglazes in one easy-to-order and use multi-pack set. Great for trying out something new or staying on a budget.
- Glaze Charts Color-controlled glaze chips on a board for store or studio reference.
- Glaze Additives and Aids These additives can be used to alter the properties of our glazes.
- Brent Since 1969, Brent wheels set the standard for quality by earning a reputation for dependability, unsurpassed by other brands. Each wheel is built with materials, components and workmanship designed to take the punishment of classroom and studio use over the long haul. Models range from the tabletop ie-t to the heavy-duty CXC with a 1 1/2 hp motor that can center over 100 lbs. of clay. Amaco® and Brent® potter's wheels accommodate the needs of the potter, and small or large ceramic art departments. A wide range of quality accessories, including hand extruders, bats, and bat mobile carts are also available.
- Kilns When we built our first kiln in 1931, we made a commitment to quality that endures into the 21st century. AMACO® proudly offers two distinctly different types of kilns - AMACO® (square/rectangular) and EXCEL® (round).
- Parts Replacement parts for Brent and Amaco equipment.
Tools & Supplies
AMACO provides all the tools you need to complete your ceramic project.
- Tools AMACO provides all the tools you need to complete your ceramic project.
- Classroom Kits Our selection of the most popular tools in convenient sets for studio or classroom.
- Books & Dvds AMACO® videos and books demonstrate the importance of ceramics as an art form, and teach numerous techniques for shaping clay by hand or on a wheel.
- Shirts Retro style and neon-colored T-Shirts featuring Amaco products and advertising slogans from the past.
AMACO® (American Art Clay Co., Inc.) has been an industry leader in classroom safety since incorporation in 1922. All improvements made in the performance of AMACO® clay bodies are guided by a firm commitment toward PRODUCT SAFETY. AP (Approved Product) seal moist clays maximize classroom and studio safety. From potters clay bodies, to children's clays, to modeling/sculpture clays, AMACO® boasts a wide variety of Art and Craft products. We certify that AMACO® only ships LEAD FREE products in compliance with the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
- Ceramic Clay A range of firing clay bodies for low and high temperature firing, and casting slips. All Amaco Clays are formulated for safety and performance.
- Air Dry Clay Our Air Dry and Self-Hardening Clays are the perfect handbuilding and modeling medium.
- Self Hardening Clay Premium quality self-hardening clay formulated for handbuilding, wheel throwing, and sculpture techniques. Knead to increase plasticity before modeling. Moist, ready-to-use. Pieces dry hard and durable, but not waterproof. Can be painted.
- Modeling Clay Non-hardening, non-toxic clays for a variety of uses, from the classroom to the sculpture studio.
- Cloud Clay Light as air, non-toxic Cloud Clay comes in ten colors and is perfect for ages three and up. Soft, puffy, and pliable, this modeling material is fun to squeeze and shape with more "stretch" than other brands so fibers won't break apart when pulled. Dries overnight and decorates easily. Reusable when sealed properly.
- Casting Slips Slips that are ready to cast into molds.
- Classroom Kits Kits contain our most popular glazes or underglazes and clay. Kits which contain “AP” certified LEAD FREE glazes are intended for school use in grades K-12. Kits which contain “CL” LEAD FREE glazes are suitable for use in grades 7-12+ with adult supervision.
From lustrous metallic finishes to bright embossing metal sheets, AMACO® boasts a wide variety of Art and Craft products and accessories including ArtEmboss and WireForm products. Friendly Plastic and Rub 'n Buff wax metallic finishes are just a couple of the many brand names from AMACO® you've come to trust over the years. We certify that AMACO only ships LEAD FREE products in compliance with the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
- Glass The art of glass is one of the oldest crafts in the world. Create inspiring modern glass designs with Amaco square and round glass sheets, assorted shapes, mosaic chunks, noodles, casting mix and kits, three slumping kits, and a glass fusing jewelry kit. These items can be used with the two warm glass kilns from Amaco -- the GSF-045 and GSF-670.
- Metallic Finishes Never Run Out of Rub ‘n Buff®…The ‘Original’ Wax Metallic Finish with the same quality formula since 1962.
- Metals Want to work with metal? Try these wonderful products!
- Modeling And Mold Making All the materials you need to produce models, molds and cast pieces.
- Nail Hole Filler Use as the perfect filler for picture frames or for sealing cracks and crevices in wood furniture.
- Bead Making Tools, books, and equipment for making polymer clay or Friendly Plastic beads and accessories. Rolling your own beads is a snap with AMACO bead rollers and tools.
- Genesis Artist Paints <br>Genesis Heat-Set Artist Colors have the look and feel of traditional oil paints with a special feature. They stay moist until <b><i>YOU</i></b> dry them by applying heat! <br>
- Friendly Plastic Pellets Friendly Plastics is a low temp plastic that can be molded by hand once heated to 120ºF (48ºC).